Let’ be thankful for all that we have and consider giving….Bay County firefighters are hosting a holiday food drive in an effort to help those in need this season. According to a news release, food donations can be dropped off at any county fire station from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. through Monday, Dec. 22.
The food items will then be delivered to the Panama City Rescue Mission Food Bank. Only canned and non-perishable food items can be accepted. Bay County Fire Stations are located at:
• Thomas Drive Fire Station 1, 2913 Thomas Drive
• West Bay Fire Station 6, 6224 Laird Circle Drive
• North West Side Fire Station 7, 3211 Michigan Ave.
• Southport Fire Station 8, 2115 County 2321
• Sand Hills Fire Station 9, 13010 State 77
• Bear Creek / Youngstown Fire Station 11, 11711 U.S. 231
• Bayou George Fire Station 12, 9033 County 2301
• Hiland Park Fire Station 14, 2801 Lafayette Road
If firefighters are not at the station during a drop-off, donors may leave donations next to the front door. Firefighters will be checking regularly for food in the drop-off boxes.
For more information, call Deputy Chief Brad Monroe 850-819-0356; Lt. Gene Brandow at 850-596-2222; Lt. Ray Hottinger at 850-258-8878