Panama City Beach – Here is a last minute update of Panama City Beach New Year’s Eve events. Have fun and be safe!
* New Year Beach Ball Drop: Midnight Dec. 31 at 600 Pier Park Drive in Panama City Beach. Festivities start at 5:30 p.m. with live music and family-friendly activities. Fireworks will end the evening.
Details: (850) 233-5070
* Krewe of Massalina New Year’s Eve Ball: 7 p.m. at Holiday Inn Select on State 77. Kickoff to 2009 Mardi Gras celebration with a Las Vegas theme; casino atmosphere, live music and food. Tickets $25 per couple; seating limited. Tickets or information: 850 960-2502.
* Carillon Beach New Year’s Eve: 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. in resort ballroom. Dancing, fireworks and ball drop; hors d’ oeuvres, free champagne toast and cash bar; $25 per couple, $15 per person in advance, $20 per person at door. Details and reservations: 850-234-5600 Ext. 3.
* No Ball At All: Dec. 31 Tickets $20 to $500 to stay home on New Year’s Eve with four-legged family members to benefit Humane Society of Bay County. Top prize in raffle is a dining gift certificate each month in 2009. Tickets, details: (850) 769-3923
* Shake Your Tail Feathers: 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at WaterColor on 30A in South Walton. Music by Dread Clampitt, improv by Seaside Repertory Theater’s Kevin Boyle. Raffle with unique prizes to benefit Seaside Rep. Tickets $20 per person in advance, $30 at the door; includes free-flowing champagne or non-alcoholic punch, breakfast. Reservations: 866- 426-2656.
* Kids’ Blast From the Past: 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. at WaterColor. Dance-off and talent show for ages 4-12; prizes for most creative ensemble and best dancer; karaoke, movie, games, balloon drop, dinner, ice cream. Tickets $75 per child for resort guests, $90 non-guests (20 percent gratuity not included). Details: (850) 534-5975.