Busy Mardi Gras weekend in Panama City Beach…have fun!
• Krewe of St. Andrews: Pet parade and kids parade at 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20, on Beck Avenue (pet parade registration at 3:15 p.m. in front of St. Andrews School; $6 donation to Humane Society of Bay County and $6 for pet costume contest). Maskers Parade at 7 p.m. Friday on Beck and Bayview avenues. Main parade at 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, from Oakland Terrace Park, down 11th Street to Beck Avenue and 15th Street. Two-day festival in Oaks by the Bay Park. More information: (850) 763-6261 or www.standrewsmardigras.com
• Seaside: Children’s celebration 10 a. m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, with make-your-own-mask and other crafts. Annual 4KIDS Mardi gras Parade at 2 p.m. around Central Square. Zydeco Fais Do-Do is 2:30-5 p.m. with Seaside Neighborhood School band and Lil’ Malcolm & the House Rockers. Details: www.seasidefl.com
• Association of St. Jude: Mardi Gras dinner and silent auction to benefit the hungry of Bay County is at 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at St John Parish Hall, 11th Street and Fortune Avenue in Panama City. Bidding closes at 7:30 p.m. Jambalaya, crawfish pie, king cake, Cajun music. More information: (850) 271-5914
• Boardwalk Beach Resort: Dance from 6-11 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, to benefit Miracle Strip Junior Woman’s Club. Tickets $25 from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays and Sundays at Boardwalk or by calling April at (850) 381-1226 or Kathy at (850) 774-1193
• Panama City Beach Senior Center: Dance is 6-10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at Lyndell building. Tickets $10, $15 per couple. Music by Dave Johnson’s ProSound, favors, prizes, door prizes, 50/50 raffle and light refreshments; BYOB. Benefits outreach programs of Women’s Civic Club of Panama City Beach. Tickets or details: (850) 234-8251